Review: David the Werewolf, by Bad Dragon

Happy Halloween, everybody! I had planned to do a review of Pretzal this week, but in honor of the holiday, I've decided to showcase a very spooky beast: Bad Dragon's David the Werewolf.


Bad Dragon is a company that specializes in fantasy sex toys. They use only medical grade platinum cure silicone, which is nonporous, hypo-allergenic, and durable. These toys are made to last for years with proper care, and they can be completely sanitized with heat or bleach (you can find proper care instructions here). 

There are so many models to choose from that you might feel a little lost. I sure did when I first began my toying adventures, and I chose the werewolf as my very first knotted toy (for the uninitiated, "knotted" refers to the abrupt bulge at the bottom of the shaft, known as a knot). Something that also drew me to the company was the variety of colors they offer. Over the years, I have amassed quite a collection of Bad Dragon dildos. As you can see from the photo above, I have two types of David: one large, one medium. Both are awesome toys to play with, and today I'm going to tell you why! 

First, let's get the technical stuff out of the way. There are a lot of sizes and three firmness options to choose from, as well as dozens of color options. The size charts can be found on Bad Dragon's website, and I highly recommend comparing measurements before making a purchase. My Davids were chosen in the following specs: 

Size: Large
Firmness: Medium, otherwise known as a 5 on the silicone density scale
Color: Onyx, a standard option in solid black
Insert-able Length: 8" / 20.32 cm
Largest Circumference: 8.8" / 22.35 cm
Largest Diameter: 2.8" / 7.11 cm
Head Circumference: 7.75" / 19.7 cm
Head Diameter: 2.2" / 5.6 cm

Size: Medium
Firmness: Medium
Color: Sinister Pumpkin, a Halloween promotional color; metallic orange marble with sparkly blue-black
Insert-able Length: 7.25" / 18.4 cm
Largest Circumference: 7.8" / 19.8 cm
Largest Diameter: 2.5" / 6.35 cm
Head Circumference: 6" / 15.24 cm
Head Diameter: 2" / 5.08 cm

We ordered David in large with our first Bad Dragon purchase, along with a large Pretzal and medium Ika. Later, we ordered the medium David. Both are worth a look, but each has a different appeal.

As always, scale the sizes to your liking. What large does for me, medium might do for you; regardless, large David is a force. The head is wider than it is tall, and shaped so that it gently locks into place inside you. Once you're past the head, it's a smooth ride to the knot, which announces itself with all the subtlety of an invading army. For me, however, this is where it stops. Unfortunately, large David is just too long for my vagina, and I can only make it about halfway down the knot. Anal users will have better luck with this, but those of us with vaginas need to beware that length often matters more than girth.

Because this was my first knotted toy, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't hilt it. I had wanted to experience the "pop" that so many others described when playing with knots. Still, David proved to be more than useful in his own way. Though I couldn't get the knot all the way in, I was still left breathless from the sheer force of the size and the shape. David is not here to compromise. David is here to conquer, and you're going to submit. 

Large David in all his linty glory. Be warned that silicone collects lint like nothing else.

True to the reputation of the werewolf, David is a wild ride. I find that it's best to thrust slowly, so you can feel the head edging you open. A slow, steady session with David always brings me to the finish line and leaves me panting like a dog - er, like a wolf. Faster thrusting can cause some soreness afterwards, but sometimes I just can't help myself. Whenever I have a rough session with my large David, I do it on a day that allows me to rest afterwards. Never painful, this beast can still wear me out.

The change in size between medium and large is fairly gradual, but makes a world of difference with knotted toys.

By the time we got our medium David, we had dabbled around with other knotted toys. When he arrived, though, he quickly rose to the top of the pack (sorry for all the puns, but I swear that's the last one). This is one fulfilling knot. With a gentle slope that eases you onto the swell of the knot, David is very good for beginners. Once inside, the knot fills me up and takes hold of my senses completely, locking in place with a soft tugging that drives me crazy. It feels amazingly satisfying to take David all the way to the base, and once he's inside, I like to squeeze my inner walls and apply vibration to my clit. The orgasms I have with medium David aren't as intense as those I experience with the large, but they are no less satisfying. 

Thrusting with medium David is a thrill not to be missed by those who have the inclination. Most knots lock into place, and David is no exception; but it won't be a problem to remove it. Gentle tugging will dislodge the knot, and I can easily rub the swell back and forth at my entrance, teasing and pleasing all the while. I personally prefer to have the toy fully sheathed when I come, but others may find that thrusting is what David does best.

With smooth lines and a tapered knot, David is a champion at thrusting.

Many people have looked at my collection and commented that I must love large toys. I do. However, that doesn't mean that I use large David more often than his smaller counterpart. Though both toys are modeled the same, they are completely different. This is mostly due to the length, but the girth of the knot is not to be ignored.

The larger model is a force. It will fill you up, take you over, and bring you to a powerful orgasm that may leave you sore for a few hours - in a good way. Even if you can't take the knot, clitoris-having users are likely to find that the top grinds on all the right spots. Prostate-having users may find that the knot doesn't quite reach the P-spot, but it will add plenty of friction to make you feel good. The head alone has brought me to tears, and it can be tons of fun to thrust with.

The smaller model fulfills its purpose, doing exactly what you think it would. It sinks inside, locks into place, and stays with you until you're ready to pull it out. You can thrust with it, you can ride it, you can grind on it, and it will remain loyally where it's situated. Though not as breathtaking as the larger model, it can be quite powerful in its own right. It is a versatile toy that will do whatever you want it to. 

I can't get enough of these pics with the pumpkin. Sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pretzal the Swamp Wyrm, by Bad Dragon

Review: Nox the Night Drake, by Bad Dragon

Review: Sportsheets Beginner Strap-On Harness