Review: Tyv the Chimera, by Strange Bedfellas

Over the past few months, I have had the great fortune to get acquainted with a new friend. This friend has been a solid presence in my life, and has been there for me when others have failed. This friend came to me at a time when I was feeling down, and has stuck by me through thick and thin. This friend is solid, versatile, steady, and has found a place deep inside me that fills me with joy.

So tell me, have you accepted Tyv into your heart?


Not to offend anyone, but Tyv is a near-religious experience brought to me by Strange Bedfellas. The orgasms I have with Tyv are intense, soaring, epic, sweeping, and generally just really great. Let's look at the specs on mine:

Size: Large
Firmness: Medium/5
Color: Premade marble of sparkly teal, sparkly blue, and white; SB does not seem to have named color options, but their pours are vibrant and beautiful.
Head Circumference: 5.25" / 13.3 cm
Head Diameter: 1.6" / 4.06 cm
Largest Circumference: 7.25" / 18.4 cm (shaft); 8.5" / 21.59 cm (knot)
Largest Diameter: 2.25" / 5.7 cm (shaft); 2.75" / 6.9 cm (knot)

In the past, the term "favorite" has been one that I object to. I don't really have a "favorite" toy, though I've often been asked to name one. I appreciate each of my toys on its own merits, and it just depends on what I'm in the mood for. My top five toys continually rotate (with the exception of Pretzal, which is always up there by virtue of its unique design and the sentimental attachment I have to it). However, Tyv comes very, very close to being my favorite knotted toy. It has been in the top three ever since I acquired it, and today I want to give it the attention it deserves.

There is just so much to love here. The head is shaped for perfect insertion. It gently parts my entrance before the shaft takes over and drives its way inside. The slight curve and swell on the upper portion meet little resistance from my body, and getting it into place is smooth and satisfying. The somewhat formless ridges offer a rippling pleasure that makes me start panting long before the knot comes into play. And when it finally does, it slips in and locks into place, holding on like a champ as I adjust it and try not to come immediately.

The knot itself is shaped ingeniously, with the best of both worlds: the smooth design of a bulb knot working with the easy locking of a lobed knot. It's as if Bad Dragon's Kippy and Fenrir merged in some DBZ-style fusion accident. In fact, this may very well be the perfect middle ground for someone who can't decide on which type of knot to buy. The slight downward angle when coming from the top allows it to easily find its way into me. The bluntness of the bottom lobes, almost like an inverted heart shape, make for easy removal with just a little tug. And the neck below the knot is so narrow that there is very little danger of it slipping too far in or out during use, with the flared base anchoring it safely in place.

Tyv's design stands head and shoulders above many other knots, even if it can't actually stand on its own.

The narrow neck and wide base make for a great knotting experience.

If there is one downside to this design, it's that the neck cannot support the weight of a large Tyv in medium firmness. This is hardly an obstacle, though, as its virtues in use outweigh any inconvenience of not being able to display it in an upright position. It may prove a hindrance when used in conjunction with a suction cup (such as this or these). Be sure to support it adequately before attempting to mount it and ride it. This is one toy that benefits from the squelch-plop method of inserting it first, and then using your body to press it into whatever surface you're attempting to use.

Stands best when helped by a friend. And before you say it - yes, the surface of my dresser is damaged. We got it secondhand for free; I'm not gonna complain.

When thrusting with Tyv, I don't need to exert much pressure to work the knot in and out. When grinding on it, I often find myself bucking into a thrusting motion because of how wonderful the texture feels. Locking the knot into place and working my muscles around it is rewarding, as well. When paired with a vibrator, Tyv takes me to heaven in such a short amount of time that I often have to stop and start again just to prolong the feeling. It is very, very effective in almost any position. I have put this thing through its paces, and it passes with flying colors each time. In fact, for a stretch of a few weeks, I found myself neglecting my other toys. I found myself actually craving it, rather than craving "a knot" or "something textured."

I have always enjoyed variety in my sex toys. It truly is the spice of life, and my fairly modest, unadventurous lifestyle is turned completely on its head when I enter the bedroom. Tyv is one model that I could recommend to someone who wants a toy for general stimulation, though. It has a knot, texture, girth, a curve, and a swell that feels even better than it looks. If you want a toy with all of these features but don't have the inclination or funds to buy something from each category, Tyv might just be the solution. And with so many sizes on the table, there should be one to please just about anybody.

The colors put me in mind of my last vacation, and in use it's just about as relaxing. It's like a trip to the beach without the crowds and sunburn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pretzal the Swamp Wyrm, by Bad Dragon

Review: Nox the Night Drake, by Bad Dragon

Review: Sportsheets Beginner Strap-On Harness